Supply code for Redwood 1.0, unveiled April 4, is accessible on GitHub. Also referred to as RedwoodJS, the framework leverages capabilities from a number of applied sciences, together with the React, GraphQL, TypeScript, the Jest testing framework, and the Storybook UI part builder.
A Redwood app is a React entrance finish speaking with a customized GraphQL API, with the API utilizing the Prisma object-relational mapper. By making numerous choices for the consumer, the opinionated Redwood framework guarantees to release builders to concentrate on specializing their purposes.
Redwood was co-founded by GitHub co-founder Tom Preston-Werner. Jamstack-style growth is obtainable for each serverless and conventional infrastructure. Built-in options in Redwood are meant to allow quicker, iterative workflows by which builders catch bugs earlier and extra typically, deploy extra rapidly, and scale growth when prepared.
Redwood 1.0 options embody:
- Opinionated defaults for formatting, file group, Webpack, and Babel.
- Routing with dynamic parameters, customized varieties, and named route features.
- Computerized page-based code-splitting.
- Cells that present a declarative method to fetch information from the back-end API.
- Turbines for pages, layouts, cells, SDL, and providers.
- Types with client-side or server-side validation and error-handling.
- Database (GraphQL again finish) and information migrations.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.