The GeekWire Awards are right here!
Our annual celebration of Pacific Northwest tech takes place later at present, Could 12, on the Showbox SoDo in Seattle.
The occasion is bought out, however we’ll be livestreaming the motion beginning at 7 p.m. PT right here.
Learn on for extra particulars in regards to the occasion. . A giant due to Astound Enterprise Options, the presenting sponsor of the 2022 GeekWire Awards. Additionally, due to gold-level and class sponsors: Wilson Sonsini, ALLtech, JLL, DreamBox Studying, Blink UX, BECU, Baird, Gasoline Expertise, RSM, Aon, Meridian Capital, and WTIA. And because of silver degree sponsors: J.P. Morgan Chase, Materials+, and Tomo.
To study extra about this 12 months’s finalists, try our particular protection web page, or scroll down. After a months-long neighborhood nomination and judging course of, finalists had been chosen in additional than a dozen classes, adopted by on-line voting to find out winners that will probably be honored on stage Thursday on the GeekWire Awards.
When: Thursday, Could 12, 5:30 to 10 p.m. PT
The place: Showbox SoDo, 1700 1st Ave. South Seattle, WA 98134
Apparel: We’re geeks, not vogue consultants — so are available in what’s most snug. In case you nonetheless want vogue assist or recommendations, scan the photographs from the final time we gathered for the GeekWire Awards — method again in 2019!
Parking: Numerous paid floor heaps encompass the venue and are inside a 1-minute stroll (see map).
Do I have to deliver my printed tickets? No. In case you’ve registered, our pleasant occasion employees can have your identify on file, and supply you entry to the occasion.
What if I have to switch a ticket? Please contact us ASAP at email@example.com with the identify of the brand new attendee.
Do I want ID to enter? Sure. This can be a 21+ occasion.
Program schedule: VIP finalist reception at 4:30 p.m. Doorways for all visitors will open at 5:30 p.m. The Awards program — the Oscars of the Northwest tech scene — will start at 7 p.m., revealing the winners of the 2022 GeekWire Awards. The after occasion, introduced by UnCruise Adventures, begins at 8:30 p.m.
Food and drinks? Sure and sure. Cocktail hour is open to all visitors earlier than a seated dinner will probably be served. Desk assignments will probably be listed in your badge and on a map on the entrance of the venue.
Social: Use #GeekWireAwards when sharing scenes from the festivities to your feeds.
Who’re the finalists?
Startup of the 12 months, introduced by Meridian Capital
- Frequent Room
Younger Entrepreneur of the 12 months, introduced by ALLtech
- Tori Dunlap, Her First $100k
- Esha Joshi and Varun Puri, Yoodli
- Shane Kovalsky, Thriller
- Michael Petrochuk, WellSaid Labs
- Nancy Xiao, Mason
Public Coverage Champion for Innovation, introduced by the WTIA
Deal of the 12 months: Fundings, introduced by Wilson Sonsini
- Esper: DevOps for machine fleets: Esper raises $60M to handle units utilized in retail, healthcare, faculties
- Place: Actual property startup Place comes out of nowhere with $100M spherical, led by Goldman at $1B valuation
- Shelf Engine: ‘We make our clients wealthy’: Shelf Engine raises $41M to assist grocery giants handle their orders
- Symbl: Symbl lands $17 million for its “conversational intelligence” software program utilized by builders to construct speech, textual content, and video providers.
- Tomo: Tomo, a ‘PayPal for the mortgage trade’ fintech startup, lands $40M at $640M valuation
Deal of the 12 months: IPOs, M&A and Mega Funding Rounds, introduced by Wilson Sonsini
- Ally: Microsoft acquires collaboration software program startup Ally to bolster worker expertise platform Viva
- ExtraHop: Seattle cybersecurity startup ExtraHop to be acquired by non-public fairness companies in $900M deal
- Rec Room: Seattle VR startup Rec Room raises $145M, reaches $3.5B valuation
- Remitly: Remitly costs IPO at $43/share; Seattle fintech large valued at almost $7B
- Zipwhip: Twilio to accumulate Seattle enterprise texting startup Zipwhip for $850 million
Innovation of the 12 months, introduced by Astound Enterprise Options
- First Mode
- A-Alpha Bio
- Parse Biosciences
- College of Washington Institute for Protein Design; RoseTTAFold
UX Design of the 12 months, introduced by Blink UX
Office of the 12 months, introduced by JLL
STEM Educator of the 12 months, introduced by DreamBox Studying
- Johanna Brown, instructor at Pullman Excessive Faculty
- Devina Khan, pc science and knowledge know-how tutorial designer on the West Valley Innovation Middle
- Stephanie Winslow, instructor at South Kitsap Excessive Faculty
Geeks Give Again Award, introduced by BECU
- The Black Boardroom Initiative
- Coding Dojo
- Carbon Robotics
- Pacific Northwest Nationwide Laboratory
Subsequent Tech Titan, introduced by Gasoline Expertise
Startup CEO of the 12 months, introduced by Aon
- Justin Beals, Strike Graph
- Raghu Gollamudi, Included.
- Linda Lian, Frequent Room
- Gaurav Oberoi, Lexion
- Ambika Singh, Armoire
CEO of the 12 months, introduced by RSM US
- Maria Colacurcio, Syndio
- Anoop Gupta, Search Out
- Sandi Lin, Skilljar
- Invoice Richter, Qumulo
- Karl Siebrecht, Flexe
- Xiao Wang, Boundless